The Commission Chief Executive (CCE), Engr. Gbenga Komolafe today declared open the 3rd Stakeholders Consultative Meeting on Draft Regulations at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel in Abuja.
The CCE who was represented at the event by the Executive Commissioner Development and Production, Dr Nuhu Habib, stated that in line with the prescriptions of Section 216 of the PIA 2022, the Commission is commencing consultations on five Regulations namely:
- Upstream Petroleum Measurement Regulations
- Advance Cargo Declaration Regulations
- Significant Discovery Regulations
- Gas Flaring, Venting and Methane Emissions (Prevention of waste and Pollutions) Regulations
- Domestic Crude Oil Supply Obligation Regulations
The Commission’s commitment to creating an enabling environment for growth and investments in the upstream oil and gas sector defined the focus towards working with all stakeholders to ensure that regulations and key policies are developed and gazetted on time.